THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Snow Update!

I just had a chance to look at the morning model runs. A Winter Storm Watch is in effect for Wednesday (except for the immediate shoreline). Snow still looks like it starts during the afternoon. I see signs that we could get into mesoscale banding in parts of the state. I still think we start with snow then change to a wintry mix inland (sleet, freezing rain) with a change to rain on the immediate shoreline. Because we could get a decent thump of snow before we change to a mix, we could see more snow than I initially thought. 2"-5" or 3"-6" may be more appropriate. I'll be on the News at 4 with an update!

No comments:

Instagram @RachelFrankCT