THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

UPDATE: Steel Leghold Traps May Get Banned



You may have seen my previous story: An owl was found limping down a street with a trap stuck to her foot. The bone was crushed and her leg had to be amputated. UPDATE: A month later, she had to be euthanized after her severed leg got infected. This trap was illegal because it was not padded. I spoke to a hunter who said he thought the owl accident was a setup to gain momentum for the bill proposing legislation to ban the trap. Animal rights activists say the traps are indiscriminant (meaning that they will trap anything in sight). Watch the package and let me know what you think! I commented personally on this story one time and got myself in trouble so you will not see me taking a side on this one!

No comments:

Instagram @RachelFrankCT