THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Frustrating Day

One of my photographers told me that he has seen the CT DOT dump excess snow into the river. I wanted to do a story on this, especially after our last storm. Snow may seem clean but it picks up all the sand, salt and oil laying on the streets...so dumping it into the river would be a major source of pollution.

Of course even though this MAY be happening, I can't get anyone to go on record confirming this. I have a couple reliable and credible sources tell me "off the record" that this happens. Again, I have not seen it myself so maybe it's not true. I hope it isn't!

If anyone in Connecticut sees a person or someone from the DOT dump snow into a river take a picture and send it to me! Thanks for listening to me rant. Ugh...I just had a bad day because I felt like I was on a wild goose chase!

DEP Guidelines On Snow Removal

No comments:

Instagram @RachelFrankCT