THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Friday, January 30, 2009

Skiing & Storm Re-Cap

What an amazing forecast. Hey, I'm the first one to admit when we're wrong. But right now I want to let you all know that I'm doing a happy dance about our forecast because Wednesday's storm was exactly what we expected.

On another note, I tried Cross Country Skiing today. Trust me, that's a really brave thing for me to do considering how awful I am at downhill skiing. But I LOVED IT! There were a few hills, and yes I fell down each of them. There was also a lot of level terrain. I went to Winding Trails in Farmington.

It's basically like hiking in the snow. You really feel a sense of peace on the trails. It's almost spiritual once you start getting your stride right and your groove on. Since I went today after the last storm, there was a lot of ice on the trees so I took a few pictures. Enjoy!

No comments:

Instagram @RachelFrankCT