THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Snowstorm ON THE WAY!

One of the most frustrating things about being a meteorologist is that people always assume you know what the weather is going to be. I don't blame them or anything...but now that I'm reporting 3 days a week, I don't always have time to generate my own forecast. Figuring out the weather over the next 7 days takes hours of work looking at current observations, computer models, sattelite and radar...It's not something that happens in a matter of minutes. I don't just wake up and automatically know the forecast, otherwise life would be so easy and I would never get the forecast wrong! I hope this doesn't sound like one big rant. I don't mind when someone asks about the forecast, and if I know it I am delighted to share. Just don't be surprised if I don't have an answer for you. I will never give someone else's forecast...it's just not my style.

A snowstorm is on the way tonight. This one looks like it will be straight SNOW...no ice mixed in. That's good news for all the people that were affected by last Wednesday's storm with down trees and powerlines across the state. I'll take snow over freezing rain anyday!

Going to my best friend's wedding in a week! So excited!! Temperatures in the 70s at the Bahamas...and everyone will be looking to the "weather girl" to make sure the weather cooperates. I hope I can work my magic ;)

Rachel

No comments:

Instagram @RachelFrankCT