THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Friday, January 23, 2009

Blue Sky Animation Studio Makes New Home in Connecticut

Look below for the inside scoop on Blue Sky...



This story was a backbreaker, and for no good reason. Blue Sky is the same animation studio that made 'Horton Hears a Who', 'Robots', and 'Ice Age'. I am still a kid at heart so I was THRILLED to get the opportunity to go to this ribbon cutting ceremony. I wanted to see up close and personal how these animation wizards do such amazing work! Im also a geek so I wanted to know the science behind the cartoons.

BUT this was one of the HARDEST stories to shoot. After the ceremony the Public Relations person for Blue Sky says to me "We can take you on a tour of the studio but your cameras can't come". I had to politely tell her that we are NOT a newspaper and for this story to work we need some sort of video. Here's the funny thing. We are there to give them FREE PRESS, and they're fighting us? That doesn't make any sense to me! Anyway, we finally got an inside look. I just wanted to let you know it took some hard work. Good thing I'm a tough New York girl at heart! Enjoy the tour :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW very cool,you are the best reporter/ weather person out there and a hottie to boot

Anonymous said...

Great story, good job,you do eveything,whats next

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know, you look so pretty in your new pic from fox 61, sure wish i had one. have a great weekend. Dale..

Rachel said...

Thank you so much for the kind words! You all made my day. I don't know what's next, but I'm always up for new story ideas. Dale, I have your address from a previous e-mail. I'll send you a photo-card as soon as they're made. I'm not sure when they will be coming in. But I'll be sending you the first one! I'm glad you like it. Thanks for writing!

Instagram @RachelFrankCT