THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Quiet Start To February

So any chance of storminess late week is GONE. Here’s a snapshot of the BUFKIT through next Tuesday night. The red and green lines show temp and dewpoint according to one of our computer models called the GFS. Time increases from right to left (just to confuse you). But I want you to focus on the red and green swatches at the bottom right of the screen. This is relative humidity and is usually a good indicator of cloud cover. Not only is there no rain/snow in the forecast. But I don’t even see clouds after Thursday morning. Dry all week? Sunny all week? I’m going to be incredibly bored. Of course, the forecast changes. But so far it looks like a quiet and mainly mild start to February.

No comments:

Instagram @RachelFrankCT