THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Friday, January 20, 2012

Biggest Storm So Far This Winter!

The biggest storm of the year is on the way, although that’s not saying much!!

Timing: 3-7 AM snow begins, heavy at times through noon-1PM. Snow will stick to the roads immediately. Even salted roads are no match for temps in the teens! Snow ending Mid-late afternoon.

Accumulations: 3”-6” of a light powdery snow. Locally higher amounts are possible because of the fluff factor. I wouldn’t be surprised if southern CT picked up a little more than far northern CT (the opposite of what usually happens).

Bottom Line: No matter how much snow falls, make tomorrow a movie/book reading/house cleaning day. The roads will be snow covered and slippery. And I forsee many accidents when I look into my crystal ball. A breeze will cause low visibility out on the roads.

Tomorrow Night: You don’t have to cancel plans. The snow will be done but the plows will still be catching up and hard at work clearing the snow.

No comments:

Instagram @RachelFrankCT