THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Connecticut Legend Dies. Rest In Peace Dr. Mel


I did not know Dr. Mel personally. But I feel like I do. Don't we all feel like we know people that we watch from our living room?

Joe Furey, who is one of my mentors, was mentored by Dr. Mel. A few times Joe would teach me something that Dr. Mel taught him. So I guess Dr. Mel was teaching me indirectly. Joe says he was an incredibly smart man. I could tell by watching his forecasts. Everyone could.

On the News at 4 Joe Furey shared stories about his friend.

I'm not sure you can say he lost his battle to cancer. From what I heard, Dr. Mel was given a death sentence a long time ago. He beat the odds and survived another 16 years. He gave that cancer one hell of a fight.

No comments:

Instagram @RachelFrankCT