THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Breeze Goes On


It was scary last night! Well, I was scared.  My cats were unfazed by the howling winds.  My dog was sound asleep.  But I was up for two hours starting at 4 AM. Power outages topped 70,000 statewide with gusts well over 60 mph.

Damaging winds are over but blustery conditions remain in place both Friday and Saturday.  Partly cloudy skies will give way to a few flurries Friday afternoon as a weak disturbance moves by.  Saturday (Groundhog Day) is dry but chilly with high temperatures stuck in the twenties inland. Some light snow is possible on Sunday, mainly in the afternoon and evening.  Early snowfall estimates are for one to three inches.  The roads could be slippery for the drive home from Superbowl parties. But that's not stopping me.  This is my first Superbowl OFF FROM WORK since I graduated college!  And no....I didn't graduate last year. Ha.  I'm going out for wings, cheese dip and Superbowl commercials!  

No comments:

Instagram @RachelFrankCT