THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sorry For The Headache

This is the European forecast model versus the GFS showing MSL Pressure (mean sea level pressure). Every circle is a line of constant pressure.  I showed this on air tonight and I think I caused headaches all across the state. The GFS is farther offshore (blue bullseye) with a few snow showers and little accumulation. The euro (pink bullseye) is a moderate snow storm. But both have trended south or east over the last run or two. If that trend continues, a direct hit is less likely. If the storm comes back farther east or north then model mayhem continues and a bigger hit is still a possibility. By noon-1 tomorrow I think we'll have a better handle on things. Sorry for the headache.

No comments:

Instagram @RachelFrankCT