THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My First Turns Of the 2012-2013 Season

This is my third year snowboarding so I still get nervous getting ready for the first ride of the year. But I picked a perfect time to head to Vermont with a fresh 14" of powder when I woke up Thursday morning and an additional half a foot during the day.  But be careful what you wish for....it's hard snowboarding in deep powder.  I couldn't stop falling on Thursday! It felt like my first day snowboarding all over again!
There is such a thing as too much powder.
The second day (last Friday) was much better.  PACKED POWDER!  But the mountain got packed during the afternoon.  Everyone was excited to play in the fresh snow.
Killington, VT


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great Welcome back!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful SNOW BUNNY she makes...LOL Nice form ... By your smiles on Tues night you sure enjoyed yourself.. now back to work.. Hugs

J West

Instagram @RachelFrankCT