THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Sunday, October 21, 2012

On20. A Food Snob's Heaven!

I watch Top Chef and Iron Chef. Not because I want to learn how to make bacon iced cream (I love bacon, but that’s just wrong). Instead, I like to drool over the beautiful creations and imagine I’m the one eating them. 

Well I finally found a place in Hartford where food is treated like an art form.  On20 is a hidden gem.  It’s a restaurant perched on the 20th floor of 20 State street.  They do lunch on weekdays and dinner on Friday. I go for lunch because it’s cheaper and easier to get a reservation. 

Make sure you go hungry. I usually order an app and a main course.  Then the chef brings out an array of amuse-bouches (free appetizers)! The food is beautiful, unique, adventurous and delicious. No one has to ‘pack their knives and go’.
Sugar pumpkin ravioli with parmesan cheese, butter and truffle sauce
with candied pecans
Pan fried skate wing over a romesco sauce
Salmon wrapped in parmesan cheese over kale in a mushroom sauce
Monk fish with lobster, pureed potatoes and brussel sprouts
Beet custard with carmelized onions and a parmesan marshmallow
Pork belly and french toast with carmelized apple flavored with strawberry
Bartlett pear with yuzu foam, elderflower sorbet and lychee

1 comment:

John M West said...

MMMMMM looks SUPER for my waistline BUT probably kills the budget... :) Do they take the calories out??

Hugs

John W

Instagram @RachelFrankCT