THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Friday, December 2, 2011

Winter Is Here....Huh?

Welcome to winter! Huh? I know, I know. Your calendar says winter starts December 22nd when the sun’s rays shine over the tropic of Capricorn. That’s astronomical winter. But in meteorology, we like to keep things simple.

The coldest quarter of the year is December through February. So we call those three months, meteorological winter. So here we go snow lovers….it’s only a matter of time before I’m ripping out my hair forecasting our next snow storm. In the short term, I don’t see much cool air until the end of next week.

No comments:

Instagram @RachelFrankCT