Watch Steve Yopp, executive chef of Besito make Champurrado, or Mexican hot chocolate! It was so good! The flavors are more complex than regular hot chocolate and it has a thicker consistency.
4 cups Milk
½ cup Ground Mexican Chocolate ½ cup Dark Chocolate 1 stick Canela (Mexican Cinnamon) 3 tbsp Corn Masa ½ cup Sugar(Optional)
Steps to Make:
1. Heat the milk gently over medium heat, with cinnamon stick.
2. Stir in both types of chocolate, whisking constantly so it doesn't stick.
3. Once chocolate has melted, stir in the corn masa to desired thickness. Add sugar if desired.
1. Serve with warm churros.
2. Serve with peppermint stirring sticks.
3. Serve with bunuelos(crispy cinnamon sugar flour tortillas)