THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Last Wed/Thu: Rain, Wind, & A Touch Of Snow

Little or no snow fell in Hartford and points south and east. I did think we would get more accumuation in the Litchfield hils. But the cold air didn't come in fast enough! Still, there were plenty of school delays in the higher elevations where it looked like a winter wonderland for a little while.

This was more of a rain and wind storm than anything else. A peak wind gust of 56 mph was reported in New London! There were scattered power outages all over the state!

Snow totals:
Norfolk: 2.8"
Tolland: 1.0"
Staffordville: 1.0"
Coventry: 0.5"
Stafford Springs: 0.3"
Bakersville: 0.3"

Rain Totals:

1 comment:

Dresden said...

This weather pattern is starting to remind me of 2 years ago. We had a touch of snow very early on (something like October 15th), and then very little snow the rest of the season. Even though we got walloped this year, seems to me the same thing is happening. Early snow = lack of snowy winter? My sample size is pretty weak, but we'll see if it holds up.

Instagram @RachelFrankCT