THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Sunday, September 2, 2012

My Labor Day Weekend

Red Cedar Lake, Lebanon
The lake is so small, the people who gave us directions, didn't even know it had a name. (Google maps told us otherwise). But this hidden gem was a perfect way to pass the time on this unofficial "last weekend of summer".  I have a horrible confession to make. I didn't put sunscreen on my legs in a last ditch effort to get some color.  And I did.  I'm red.

I went to the beach with a new friend Lauren and her husband Andrew.  Lauren, A.K.A Lonnie is a baking enthusiast. And on the way to the beach I had a chance to check out her cooking blog. The recipe for banana bread was calling my name today so I made my first loaf!  Can you tell how proud I was?


Delicoius!  And a little overcooked.  But not bad for my first attempt! Tomorrow I run the Stratton-Faxon New Haven Road Race for the United Way.  Busy weekend (and I worked two out of three days)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure looks great to me.

John M West said...

Hmm, none for me huh, my favorite both the bread and I encountered the lake when I worked in Hebron years back.. It is untouched beauty..

Glad you had a fun weekend -- you looked great getting warmed yup for the race this morning.

Hugs

John W

Instagram @RachelFrankCT