THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Monday, September 3, 2012

Stratton-Faxon New Haven Road Race



Road races make running fun!  Seriously.  I hate running. I get bored and spend all my time thinking about reasons to take a break. But this was my first time participating in an organized run and it was a totally different experience. The energy level is sky high.  You don’t even need an iPod to distract you with live bands rocking out and spectators cheering you on.

So if you’re an inexperienced runner and you want to get into the sport, a 5K is the way to go.  Here’s another bonus! The road was completely flat today at the at the Stratton-Faxon New Haven Road race.  I ran my best time ever of 31:34.  It’s not too impressive.  But my goal was to beat my previous time AND continue running without taking a break.  I achieved both goals.
Who is that little boy on the far right?  That's
me with the United Way runners!
I also wanted to run to help raise money for the United Way!  They helped sponsor the kids race this year and they do a ton for the local community including pro

Running For United!!
Dave showed up to run his
first 5 K with me!  he's a huge
FOX CT fan and we talk on
facebook/twitter every night.

No comments:

Instagram @RachelFrankCT