THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The F Word (And I'm Not Talking About Fall)

10 days until the Autumnal equinox--Fall begins September 23rd at 5:05 A.M. Today is nice and summery. But later this week...a sign of what's ahead. A cold front Wed-Thu will knock temps on their butt.

Here is the WRF computer model showing temps for Thursday night/Friday morning. While we will easily drop into the 40s (green shading), some places in northern New England could fall into the 30s (blue color). F WORD ALERT...frost is possible for some in the northeast....maybe even right here in Litchfield County!


Here's another computer model, the GFS depicting the temperature (top two maps) and the 24 hour temperature change (lower two maps). Notice the temperature change is 15-20 degrees, ginormous (hmmm, spell check doesn't recognize this word)! Daytime highs will be in the 60s starting Thursday/Friday with overnight lows in the 40s. Is it time to bring out the fall clothing? No I would rather freeze. I feel like I just put them away!

No comments:

Instagram @RachelFrankCT