THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

A strong cold front is giving summer the boot! This first cold blast may feel a bit more like winter when contrasted with Wednesday’s (record breaking! — at least in Bridgeport, Conn.) warm temperatures. Here are some graphics I was planning on showing tonight on-air. Don't tell my boss I'm unveiling them early for my loyal blog readers. :)

The last time daytime highs were in the 60s and lows were in the upper 30s/low 40s...May and June!

The coolest temps will invade Friday night into Saturday morning with cool Canadian high pressure building overhead. With clear skies and light winds, we will have the perfect ingredients for radiational cooling. Without the insulation that clouds provide, all our daytime warmth will escape up into the atmosphere and temps will drop like a rock! Lows: mid 30s to low 40s and patchy frost in some towns!!
This is my forecast for high temps tomorrow, and the 48 hour temperature difference. Everyone will be 20 or more degrees cooler within the span of two days.

No comments:

Instagram @RachelFrankCT