THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Yep, We Hit 80!

High Temperatures Tuesday:
  • Windsor Locks: 82
  • Hartford: 80
  • Willimantic: 79
  • Bridgeport:73
  • New Haven:72
  • Groton: 63
The last time Windsor Locks hit 82 degrees was back in September of LAST YEAR! As expected, the shoreline stayed cooler with a southerly wind blowing off the relatively cooler water of the long island sound.

I was so proud when my forecast checked out. All the computer models I looked at forecasted significantly cooler temperatures. All the other TV stations were forecasting cooler temps. But I was talking to meteorologist Bob Cox (WTIC radio) and we both thought that the computer models looked too cloudy. Statistical computer models also tend to underdo temperature extremes. Anyway, I was proud everything worked out with the forecast.

No comments:

Instagram @RachelFrankCT