THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Storm Recap

The storm ended up shifting east at last minute. (Have I mentioned lately that I hate spring forecasting?) There are thousands of power outages in MA where most of the accumulation occurred. I thought Litchfield County would be included in that region.

Most accumulations ended up in the higher elevations on CT. Although I think a lot of inland areas saw around an inch, it ended up quickly melting as rain and sleet began in mix in with the snow. Overall, my only regret is not lowering the range for Litchfield County because it did start to look less likely when the afternoon model runs came in. I guess I would rather prepare people for the worst case scenario.

Here are some snowfall totals:

LITCHFIELD COUNTY
NORFOLK: 2.6
BAKERSVILLE: 2.5
COLEBROOK LAKE: 2
THOMASTON DAM: 1.5

HARTFORD COUNTY
NORTH GRANBY: 3
COLLINSVILLE: 1.8 BURLINGTON: 1.5
1 WNW WINDSOR LOCKS: 1.3
ROCKY HILL: 1

TOLLAND COUNTY
TOLLAND: 2.3 COVENTRY: 1.5
STAFFORDVILLE: 1

WINDHAM COUNTY
UNION: 2.6
EAST KILLINGLY: 1.9
HAMPTON: 1.5

No comments:

Instagram @RachelFrankCT