THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Swine Flu Claims 3rd Victim

I asked the doctor word for word "is the media blowing swine flu out of proportion?" and he looked me in the eye and said "no, it's is a big deal, this flu will go down in history." Every year when the seasonal flu comes around, our bodies develop anti-bodies to protect us. But since this is a "novel" or new virus, our bodies have no experience on fighting it. Also, there may be many more cases of swine flu that we don't even know about. Many people get better on their own, without seeing a doctor or without getting specifically tested for the swine flu.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great job on the story, mike f

Instagram @RachelFrankCT