THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Monday, June 29, 2009

Rest In Peace, Alice Morrin


A very close friend and co-worker, Alice Morrin was invovled in what Police are calling a murder-suicide last night. We report objectively on things like this all the time in the media. But I have never experienced the pain and horror of being emotionally connected to a "Top Story". And today, the world looks a little different to me.

Alice Morrin was hands down, one of the nicest people I have ever met. She was filled with smiles and optimism, the glass always half full. I would tell people she was like my "Connecticut Mommy". When I first came to FOX61 back in October, I didn't have many friends and she took me under her wing. Alice would invite me to dinner and movies with her family, helping me feel comfortable in my new environment. When I was feeling down or had a problem, I could go to Alice in confidence for advice. At the same time, if I had a great day, I could go to Alice to share my joy and excitement.

But Alice wasn't just my Connecticut Mom, she was a real mother to two beautiful girls who she cared about more than anything in this world. Rest in peace Alice, you touched all our hearts in some way or another.

You can find the full story on the FOX61 website here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What A Lovely Tribute, Rachel. Bruce Whittles, Glastonbury

Instagram @RachelFrankCT