THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tour of the Hartford Courant, the Future Home of FOX61

The Hartford Courant and FOX61 are going to be under one roof this fall! So the Courant was nice enough to give us a tour of the building and a sneak peek to the future studio site.

This is the future site of the FOX61 studio. Hmmmm...I'm not a contractor, but shouldn't we start building the set if we're going to move in this fall?


The studio will be overlooking the newsroom. Looks a little boring now, but when we move in, this will be the largest newsroon in southern New England!


This is totally unrelated to the merger. But I think it's cool! This is what your newspaper looks like before a single letter is printed onto it. We got to see and hear the presses running during our visit. At 10:00 AM on Friday they were printing feature sections for the Sunday paper. The presses may be deafening but you can't help but marvel at the machines printing, cutting, folding, and racing newspaper through the maze of different processes.

Attorney General Richard Blumenthal has been raising concerns about the merger. He thinks combining news operations will reduce news options for consumers. I could see this being a problem if we were the only two news operations in the state but there are plenty of other ways for consumers to get the news. But that's just my personal opinion.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the tour! Sorry I have not written a lot lately. Doing traffic was kind of boring and I had nothing to write about. I'm back to my regular schedule now!

How could I forget, I have some exciting news! Sarah French is going to join the FOX61 Morning News from 6-9 AM. I am happy Sarah will get to anchor more but I am so sad to lose her on weekends. She's my buddy! Rebecca Stewart will be joining us in her place. She's not only a fantastic anchor but she's also one of the sweetest people you will ever meet. I know Rebecca will fit right in! The new changes go into effect starting Monday! Rachel, Sarah, Rebecca...What's with all the biblical names??

No comments:

Instagram @RachelFrankCT