THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Monday, April 6, 2009

Help Fight MS

One of my best friends Maria was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis last year while I was in Allentown, PA. I saw the effect this condition had on her day-to-day life. MS is an autoimmune condition that attacks the central nervous system. She needs to give herself a shot every other day just to feel normal and recently got a blood infection from the whole process. There is so much that doctors still need to learn about MS. They don't know why it progresses faster in some people and slower in others. Some people with severe symptoms end up in a wheel chair, unable to walk. Others get dimentia. Then there are a "lucky" few who can successfully control their flare-ups with medication. But without enough knowledge about this condition, doctors cannot tell Maria which category she will fall into. As you can imagine, she is scared about what the future holds...There is no cure.

I know times are rough but if you can, please help us raise money for the MS Walk on April 8th. I feel so bad I can't walk with her because I will be working. But at least I can help her raise money for a cure and to help support other people with MS.

Here's Maria's fundraising Page. Thanks for all your help!!!!!!

No comments:

Instagram @RachelFrankCT