THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The "S" Word!

Ahhh yes, the four letter “S” word. In October people act like I’m curing when I say it. Snow. We have two chances to see flakes flying around here in the next five days. But don’t go buying milk and eggs just yet!

Thursday a cold rain will break out across Connecticut. Temps will stay in the 40s so grab an umbrella AND a warm jacket. But as the storm exits Thursday night into Friday morning, we could pull down just enough cold air from the north that we end as some wet snow or a wintry mix! This is most likely in the northern hill towns and higher elevations. I wouldn't be suprised to see a little coating on non paved surfaces!

So what’s next on the agenda?

The European computer model shows a snow storm for Saturday! GFS shows a complete miss with bright sunshine. Which one will be right? The European has had a great track record so far this year. BUT we are still 5 days away so I'm sure we'll get more agreement soon. I think the models are confused about what Hurricane Rina is going to do and that confusion is messing with our forecast around here! If the European is correct we could see several inches of snow accumulation. No freaking out yet. I’ll keep an eye on everything for you!

No comments:

Instagram @RachelFrankCT