THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Friday, August 12, 2011

Weekend Weather: Spectacular Saturday, Showers Sunday

Our nice stretch of weather continues tomorrow! High pressure will remain in control providing mostly sunny skies with temperatures in the mid and upper 80s. Clouds will begin to move at night.

There are still many timing issues surrounding the timing of rain on Sunday. A few days ago I was telling people to cancel their outdoor plans. But now some of the computer models are pushing the timing of the rain back. I want to the 00z model run tonight before I make a confident forecast. But here's the best I can do for you so far.

Any sunshine around Sunday morning will fade behind increasing clouds. Showers will slowly from develop from west to east during the day. But the best chance for steady, heavy rain will come Sunday night into Monday. Monday looks cloudy and wet with times of rain. A lingering shower is possible early Tuesday.

No comments:

Instagram @RachelFrankCT