THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sunflowers For Wishes

WARNING: THESE PICTURES CANNOT CAPTURE HOW GORGEOUS THIS EVENT IS IN PERSON

Buttonwood Farms in Griswold has hosted this yearly event beginning in 2003. They plant 10 acres of sunflowers and offer $5 hayrides through the towering yellow flowers. All the money goes to the Make A Wish Foundation. It's a beautiful idea and a beautiful sight. Here are some pics from the farm. Some are with my best friend Kim and the others are with my sister Jade. And no...I didn't do an outfit change between shots. (I'm not that much of a diva!) I actually drove all the way to Griswold TWICE to see the flowers.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Simply stunning,Rachel. Your pics aren't bad either. ;-)

Instagram @RachelFrankCT