THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Pushing My (Belly) Buttons

With Matt Scott Sporting My Brand New Pregnancy "Outie"
My TV station, FOXCT,  received two scathing messages about me yesterday.  It didn’t have to do with a forecast or the way I present the weather.  Two people were highly offended by…my belly button. One of them complains about the visible silhouette of my pregnant belly. They call my wardrobe “tacky” and a “disgrace”.

Then today I saw yet another message and this one sent me over the edge.

Someone may get offended, I'm sorry but the pregnant weather lady looks terrible, the clothes she is wearing looks awful. Her belly button is sticking out and u can see it. Trust me I am not fashion statement. But whatever happened to nice, decent maternity clothes?
You know what bothers me the most? All of these complaints are from women.  Women! Aren’t we supposed to support each other? Many of these women have children. So I imagine they understand how hard this is!  Now that I’m in the third trimester, my body is changing at an alarming rate.  Getting dressed it like trying to hit a moving target. I play the “will it zipper?” game daily.  And it’s no wonder.  Last week my baby was the size of a zucchini.  This week he’s the size of cauliflower (the humorous veggie comparisons never get old).

As for obtaining  “decent maternity clothes”?  Come on.  I’m not trying to squeeze into my old leather Bebe dress.  Everything I own is from a maternity store.  None of my dresses are more than 2” above the knee.  But I refuse to pay over $100 for a dress I can only wear for 4-5 months. I’m saving money for diapers.

I feel so incredibly lucky that my pregnancy has been easy so far.  I didn’t have morning sickness.  I’m sleeping through the night. Other than fatigue and a kick in the ribs once in a while, I feel relatively normal.  My number one concern is getting my life and home ready for baby and staying healthy.  His well-being is paramount….NOT worrying about shallow commentary on my wardrobe. So let’s make a deal.  I’ll agree to tape down my belly button if you agree to cut me some slack. 


Only 83 days to go!

No comments:

Instagram @RachelFrankCT