For those of you who are finding my blog after watching my second appearance on PIX11, WELCOME! My name is Rachel Frank, I am a meteorologist working full-time at FOX CT in Hartford. I am freelancing at PIX in my free time! Can I just say that it has always been my dream, since I was a little girl to “do the weather” in New York City? I was born and raised in Manhattan (Battery Park City) and I’m still a city girl at heart. I have worked at several tv-stations including WICU 12News in Erie, PA, WFMZ 69News in Allentown, PA and now FOX CT in Hartford. I am so happy to be back in the tri-state area! I go home to NYC every other weekend to see my friends and family that still live in the area.
Here’s the bio on my station’s website if you want
Here's a little more about me...
• First TV Appearance: Does college TV count? Hmmm…probably not. My first “real” TV appearance was on WICU 12News in Erie, Pennsylvania. I did the weather and I was so nervous I could barely breathe!
• Memorable Weather: Covering lake effect snow in Erie was interesting. The wind changes direction and suddenly there is 6 inches of snow on the ground. Also, I will never forget my first 3-hour non-stop tornado coverage. That was quite a challenge! It happened July 21st for the tornado in Bristol, CT.
• Favorite TV Program: It was LOST until the show ended and endlessly disappointed me. Right now my favorite shows are True Blood, Dexter, Entourage and The Real Housewives of New Jersey. Yeah, I like trash TV.
• First News Story: I reported on shopping carts being stolen from a Meadville, PA super market. I was so proud.
• Why I'm A Meteorologist: I am fascinated with the weather and I love to share my love and knowledge with anyone who’s willing to watch . I like to think I provide a little more info than your standard weather.com forecast. All that AND I loved the movie Twister. I'm not afraid to admit it.
• Alma Mater: Penn State University. I have a B.S. in Meteorology with a Weather Forecasting and Communications option.
• Hometown: New York City, New York
• Height: 5' 3" , but in front of the green screen I'm 5'11 thanks to the magic of television
• Star Sign: Gemini
• Siblings: 1
• Kids: 0
• Hobbies: Biking, Cross Country Skiing, Scuba Diving, Eating, Weather
• Favorite Foods: My appetite knows no bounds. I will try anything and I love creative presentations.
• Favorite Sports Teams: Penn State Nittany Lions! I don’t watch anything else! My family and friends are split between the Mets and the Yankees.
• Favorite Musician: Depends on my mood. I love rock, electronic music, and pop…just no country
• Favorite Destination: Paris, Prague, Venice, anywhere tropical, don't make me pick.
Email me at email@example.com
Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter