THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Monday, October 4, 2010

Holy Hail!

A few storms developed this afternoon with some cold air moving into the upper levels of the atmosphere. Some storms had lightning and high cloud tops that produced hail! Shelton Police reported hail 1.75" in diameter at 2:11 PM in Shelton! I haven't seen hail that big in any pics I have seen. But here are some other pics my lovely facebook friends sent in!

Pic taken by Robert Laskowski in Derby, sent from Steven Tootie

John Swingler, Shelton.

Joelene, Shelton

Although there could be another isolated storm tonight with hail, I think most locations will just see a few leftover showers/drizzle. Periods of rain will continue right through Wednesday (maybe early Thursday).

No comments:

Instagram @RachelFrankCT