THANKS FOR VISITING!

I'm an Emmy Award Winning meteorologist at Fox 61 in Hartford. For the latest forecast updates (and fun stuff too, like food and family pics), please follow me on Facebook, twitter and instagram. I look forward to interacting with you there!

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK!

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

FOXCT Goes HD, Shares Resources With Courant

When I interviewed at FOX61 prior to my accepting the job, the News Director told me FOX61 was planning to go HD in about a year. I have heard promises like this at previous stations that never followed through. So I didn't believe it.

But we did it.

The old set, honestly, made us look almost like a college TV station. But now, we "look" as good as our content. Although NBC Connecticut has an HD set, their live shots are not HD. That makes FOXCT the ONLY TV station in the state to go FULL HD. I am so proud to be a part of this team during the transformation!

The weather graphics...are 3D, unique and accurately depict the weather. Garett Argianas, our Chief Meteorologist fought to get our new weather system WSI TruVu Max. There are only a handful of stations in the country using the system.

We are now sharing resources with the Courant. With more people gathering news across the state, we get to cover more local stories!

I know I sound like a cheesy advertisement, but that should show you just how excited I am! Here's a good article about the transformation.

My life has been pretty hectic lately with training on the new system and getting ready for the move. My schedule is getting back to normal soon so I can regularly post blog entries. I hope to give you updates on an impending storms along with full storm discussions exclusively on this blog so keep checking back! Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is the new weather system (WSI TruVu Max) the same system NBC Connecticut has? I've heard their meteorologists mention TruVu before

Instagram @RachelFrankCT